Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dr Richard Hocking, Capital Orthopaedics, Bruce ACT

Dr. Jason Wenderoth
Dr Richard Hocking, Orthopaedic Surgeon ACT

Dr Richard Hocking is an orthopaedic surgeon specializing in the different aspects of Elective Hip Surgery, Paediatric Orthopaedics and Adult Knee Reconstruction Surgery. He is well-experienced in assessing your condition, customising a treatment plan for your individual needs and offering comprehensive care for various orthopaedic conditions.

I am initially from Sydney NSW, where I attended both my secondary schooling at Sydney Grammar School (1985-1990) and undergraduate university at The University of New South Wales (1991-1996).

Having completed my Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery Degrees with Honors, I started my medical career as an Intern at The Prince of Wales Hospital. After successfully passing the First Part of the Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons, I commenced training as an Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1999.  My initial training was through Concord Repatriation and General Hospital, Sydney Children’s Hospital, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Bankstown Hospital and Westmead Hospital. In 2001 I was accepted into the Australian Orthopaedic Association’s Advanced Training Programme on the Sydney Northside Training Scheme.

My advanced training took me initially to Dubbo NSW and then to Canberra where I trained between July 2002 and June 2003. I then returned to Sydney where I completed my training, working at Royal North Shore Hospital, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Royal Alexandra Hospital for Children, The Mater and Westmead Adults Hospital.

I was awarded The Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics) in 2006.

Having completed my Australian Training, I took an appointment as a Consultant Surgeon in Dubbo NSW for 6 months (Jan 2006 - June 2006) before heading to Ontario, Canada to further my Orthopaedic Training.

Click the link below to get more more information
http://www.capitalortho.com.au

1 comment:

  1. Having surgery on any part of the body is a serious matter. Choosing a qualified surgeon to perform the necessary surgery is crucial, especially when it comes to orthopedic surgery that involves mobility.See more at- Houston Orthopedic Surgeons

    ReplyDelete