Thursday 22 November 2012

Balmain Mall Dental Surgery Sydney


Balmain Mall Dental Surgery:

Dr Robert S Sebel
BDS (SYD.), MDSc (SYD.)

I was born in Sydney in March 1960. I grew up in Mosman and attended Sydney Grammar High School.  I represented my school in cricket and rugby, but surfing was my real passion. My parents also thought travelling should be part of my education, so I was extremely lucky to visit places like The Philippines, Israel, Japan, Kashmir, Nepal and Thailand in the 60’s and 70’s.
After graduation from High School, I followed my father and entered dentistry at Sydney University.  I graduated from Sydney University with a special interest in Preventative, Public Health and Community Dentistry, thanks to Professor Barnard. I spent several months of several years pre and post graduate, working for The Queens Dental Service of Thailand, in a charitable capacity. Dental treatment was provided to Hill Tribes and schools in remote areas of North and North Western Thailand, as well as dental education and promotion.
I began full time work in 1984 at the Dental Practice my father had established in Balmain in the early 1950’s. In fact, it was one of the first Dental Practice’s in the area and I still see some of his patients. In 1993 I left full time Dentistry, travelled vastly, and in 1994 I enrolled in a full time Masters of Public Health Dentistry degree at Sydney University. I post graduated in 1996, and returned to full time practice in Balmain in 1997.
I give Dental education talks to Preschools and Primary Schools in my work and living areas, as a Community Dentistry focus. I have 3 great children and a wonderful wife. Surfing and the garden are my therapies.

For more information click on the below link:
http://www.balmainmalldental.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment